Saturday, September 6, 2008

We survived!

We survived tropical storm Hanna. In fact (mercifully) it was almost a non-event. There was some wind, but nothing scary. And there was some rain, but not nearly as much as we all hoped for in face of the drought that we've had all summer in this part of the world. We lost power for a few seconds, just long enough to make all of our clocks blink 12:00 and force me to have to run around the house to fix them. Remind me to pick up some more of those "smart clocks" that automatically know the time. We have one in our bedroom, and one in the family room and they are fabulous. I want them all over the house. I have a compulsive need to have clocks in every room. I don't know why. It might have something to do with the fact that I loathe to be late for anything. It grates on my nerves.

But anyway, I hope all of those folks at the grocery store who were behaving like monsters are appropriately ashamed of themselves in light of the storm not amounting to a whole lot. At least they should all have enough bread and milk to last for the next few weeks....haha. Oh well, I am really just grateful that we didn't end up with a big ol' mess on our hands, so its all good.

2 comments:

Hannia said...

we didn't lose power at all...

That Chick Over There said...

When I lived in Greenville I never understood why people bought every loaf of bread and jug of milk. I mean, isn't the milk going to spoil?