Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Am I too picky?

I am desperately trying to find t-shirts. Thats the great American wardrobe staple, right? Second only to a fabulous pair of jeans. So why is it so hard for me to find a t-shirt that makes me happy? It needs to be a v-neck (I just hate the crew neck kinds. Not on other people, but they are uncomfortable to me). But I want a v-neck that is moderately cut. I have no need to have the girls on display ala Old Navy's perfect fit (meaning indecent) DEEP V. I don't want to have to wear a tank underneath it. Its too hot for that. It needs to come in solid colors. No embroidered old-lady flowers, or graphic skull prints, or advertising logos. No quirky sayings, quotes or cute little animal pictures. Just plain.

And I want it in a decent weight fabric. I hate those tissue weight T's that again, HAVE to have a tank or cami underneath it because the damned thing is practically sheer. I want sleeves that hit neither too long nor too short. And I would prefer to have enough length in the body to not show off my belly. Also? Not so long as to cover up my knees. Apparently that is asking WAY too much. I just want a plain t-shirt that doesn't look too sloppy to throw on over a casual skirt, or underneath a jacket. I don't need sequins or buttons or ribbons. No ribbing, ruching, puffy sleeves or pleats. Just a plain old cotton t-shirt with a simple v-neck. Geesh........

I see that Eddie Bauer has what appears to be an acceptable shirt. I just wish I could try it on since I seem to have so much trouble with the fit. I don't know if I have a choice though. I have exhausted every single possibility here in town, so.....? Maybe I will just order 1 to try it out before I go all out with all the colors that I want. Anybody here have any suggestions????

Anyway, in between my frustrating attempts to find a comfortable t-shirt, I whipped up a peach cobbler today. And it turned out to be extremely delicious....even if I do say so myself. haha.

2 comments:

Hannia said...

have you tried target? they usually have that kind. if not, i'd say maybe new york and company at the mall? i do love some new york and company. i'm not sure about NY& co, but i'm pretty sure i've seen what you describe at target. maybe not. i have a hard time finding t-shirts that don't cling really tight...

Rebecca said...

The Target ones fit at first. But I have had a lot of trouble with them falling apart after just a few washings. Or they shrink so that they are too short for me. Its like they get short and wide after you wash them...? Whats up with that? NY & Co is one of the ones that sometimes have that indecently low cut V. Well, they used to. I haven't tried them in a couple of years, so maybe I should go try some on......