Monday, September 1, 2008

Sweet September...

September is one of my favorite months. Maybe its because my birthday is in September? But it probably has much more to do with the promise of the coming of fall than the threat of becoming another year older. The end of summer is something to be celebrated. I know I'm in the minority here. But the word "summer" immediately brings to mind such things as: unbearable heat, miserable humidity, sweat, sunburn, and BUGS. I don't even get the couple of months break from work like the kiddies do from school. So...yeah. In my opinion summer sucks. There are a few redeeming qualities, like ice-cold watermelon...but even that can't make the sweat and bugs worth it.


Fall, on the other hand, is my favorite season. Today I celebrate having survived yet another Eastern North Carolina summer. Soon I will be enjoying cool dry air, pumpkins, fall food, and Halloween. I will be in my element. And that happens to make me a very happy woman. It makes me want to spend the day dragging out my sweaters and boots. But the weather forecast is still showing temps in the upper 80's and low 90's so maybe I better hold off on that for a few more weeks.
Soon though.....

Happy Labor Day everybody. I hope you all have a good one.

2 comments:

Diana said...

You too! I love Sept in the blog world because it means we are that much closer to seeing your wonderful Halloween decorating...
yeah, I'm a dork that remembers stuff like that!

That Chick Over There said...

I'm with you. Fall is my FAVORITE time of year!