Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin

I watched Palin's speech last night. I'm not a fan of McCain (not even remotely). I won't vote for him, no matter who he picked for a running mate. But still, I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe its a woman thing. I wouldn't change my mind and vote republican just because he picked an obscure woman to be his Vice-President, but I was curious about her. I wanted to like her. And sadly, I was disappointed. The beginning of her speech was chocked full of patriotic propaganda. She wrapped herself in motherhood and the flag to the point that I started to feel the need to get up and bake an apple pie. And then she turned a little nasty. I kept getting the feeling that she was being mean-spirited. She had an ugly sneer at times. I felt sarcasm, and negativity running rampant. What I didn't hear was anything of substance. How unfortunate.

Also? We are getting ready for the impending tropical storm. Wish us luck. Hopefully it won't be too awful. Its the next storm behind Hanna that has us all a little worried around these parts.
Ike is already a category 4 hurricane. If he decides to follow Hanna's path, we may have a situation on our hands. Anyway, there is a new episode of "Stargate Atlantis" tomorrow night at 10 pm. If our electricity is going to go out, I would be willing to bet it will be somewhere around then. Thats just the way these things work. haha....

No comments: