Sunday, August 3, 2008

A crabby kind of night....

It was a crabby kind of night. And no, I do not mean that either of us was in a grouchy mood. Nor do I mean that there was any sort of an USTT (Unpleasant, Sexually Transmitted Thingie).
I had some amazing crab dishes at the restaurant (Chef's 505) last night. We started off sharing an appetizer:
"Smoked Gouda Cheese Crab Dip topped with Toasted Pita Points."

It was indescribably delicious. And although I had one heck of a time trying to decide what to try off of the entree menu, I finally settled on the crab cakes. The Crab dip was so incredible why break the crabby theme of the evening? The crab cakes:
"Twin Pan Seared Crab Cakes covered in a Lobster Sherry Cream Sauce served over Chefs Vegetables and a Sweet Potato Hash."

Holy cow! Or Holy crab! It was absolutely divine. Hubby had a slight disappointment. He ordered a 16 oz porterhouse with pineapple chutney. He was expecting beef. It turned out to be pork. But he said that it was juicy and tasty, and he enjoyed it. I tried a bite, and thought it was excellent. We ended the evening with a shared Espresso Creme Brulee. Oh My God!! If I had known, I might have just ordered 3 of those to start with and had myself a sugar coma.

Anyway, we enjoyed it. If any of you come to visit, remind us and we will take you there.

2 comments:

Diana said...

that sounds delish!

Hannia said...

:) yay! i'm glad you enjoyed it!