Saturday, August 9, 2008

I really don't like it....

The new haircut, that is. And no, Lori, I will NOT be putting pictures of it on here anytime soon....haha. She cut it too short. The girl that I usually see is visiting family in Pakistan until late October, so I was forced to go to this other woman who works in the same salon. And in theory the cut is fine. Lots of layering to take some of the weight off. But again, its too short. Its slightly above shoulder length, more to the bottom of the collar. But the shorter layers cut into the back....they are going wild and crazy. There is puffiness, and curling, and other signs of hair misbehavior that can't even be described...sigh. I figure I can approach this in one of 2 ways: I can cancel my life for the next month or so and hide in my house.....OR....I can suck it up, pretend it doesn't bother me (it sooo does), apply 18 different frizz-stopping products and keep going. I am forced to go with option 2 only because I have a life to live and can't stay in bed for the next couple of months. But....I am letting this grow out and will not allow anyone else to touch my hair until Belle comes back in Oct.

One other thing....apparently the woman who cut my hair had just had a huge argument on the phone with her Mom, who lives in New Jersey. She was clearly distraught and relived every second of the fight out loud to me while snipping away, fast and furious, like she was taking her anger out on my hair. I really really really had to talk myself out of jumping up and running out of the place. It was kind of scary. Given her state of mind, I guess I ought to feel lucky that its not any worse than it is. Because again....the cut itself is fine. It would probably look good on someone who has straighter, maybe thinner hair. But my hair is thick and heavy and prone to strange contortions. Belle would have known that....Oh well. Hair grows. At least there's that.

On the brighter side....for whatever reason I can see the fish again. How odd.

4 comments:

Lori Kintz said...

I am so sorry you don't like it; that is so hard and feels like such a long time to wait for your hair to grow. . . although when you have a great cut, it grows way to fast??!! What's up with that? Chelsea also feels like her hair is to short from her recent "Locks of Love" donation, so you can wait for your hair to grow together!

Lori Kintz said...

Chelsea really wants to see a picture!

P.S. The part where the scissors were flying sounds scarry!

Kintz said...

It reminds me of a haircut of a country mountain girl I worked with in Boone -- the hair.

That Chick Over There said...

Another reason to not get a haircut.

Like I needed another reason!