Friday, August 8, 2008

Play Day....

I am taking a day off today to PLAY! Thats right, not working just because I don't want to. Is that bad of me? Today I am going to get a new haircut. Possibly even try something new and different (shorter, maybe? Well, probably not TOO short, cuz I am askeered of really short hair on me...haha). I have seemingly long straight hair, but its really deceptive. If I cut it too short, it gets ...well, not curly exactly. Wavy in weird and strange ways. Its hard to describe. Unruly is a better description. Its like it needs the weight of some length to whip it into behaving.
After the hair appointment, I may do a little bit of shopping. Browsing really. I can't think of a single thing that I need. Except maybe a few more things to wear to the gym....
I have discovered that certain activities really do require specific clothes. Actually, I was afraid I might be intimidated by a gym full of sports fashionistas. I basically know NOTHING about athletic clothing, although I am learning. But our gym is pretty laid back, and noone seems over the top "dressed to impress". Mostly its just basic, functional fitness clothes. But still....I have discovered that one needs to dress for the activity. For example, a snug fitting shirt prevents embarrassment during yoga poses. 'Downward facing dog' can leave a whole LOT exposed if you try it in a loose t-shirt. Believe me, I learned this lesson the hard way.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thats why you're calling me at 10:30 in the morning when maybe I have important work to be doing! And no, I have managed to NOT watch it yet, today.... But maybe now I will, just to spite you. Mu ha ha ha ha ha!

Lori Kintz said...

Ummm, we will need pictures of the new 'do'! Have fun playing today! Now I will go try to get that mental pic of you doing "Downward Facing Dog" outa my head! Ha Ha, only kidding, I have no room to talk as I am NOT doing yoga! :-)