Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday stuff

We bought a new dishwasher this weekend. After checking out what was available, I ended up going with Whirlpool again. There were fancier models out there, ranging anywhere from $500 to $1200. I checked out the new 2-drawer versions (looks like a leaking disaster just waiting to happen...?). But Whirlpool seems to be the only brand that has the good sense to realize that if you put the silverware tray IN THE DOOR, you don't take up any extra rack space inside the tub. Everytime I opened up a prospective model and saw a big silverware holder stuck right in the middle of the bottom rack, I closed the door and kept looking. I went with whirlpool. It works for me. Apparently I am very picky about the layout of the interior of my dishwasher. The fancy features....not so much. I tend to use the normal wash cycle 95 percent of the time, anyway. Now if they come out with one that will load/unload itself, then I will reconsider my brand loyalty...haha.

We have been cleaning out a lot of stuff around the house again while doing all of this moving of the kids, buying the bedroom furniture...etc. Hubby took a carload of stuff to Goodwill. We have a big Goodwill store conveniently close by. We take everything that has any usefulness left in it there. Mostly it was books, as Stephen cleaned out his stash of books here at our house. The ones he didn't want to have to move into his new place. But one of the items was a computer monitor still in good working condition. We have gone with flat screens, since I love how they take up less space. Unfortunately Goodwill does NOT accept computer monitors.
Go figure.....I have no idea why. Anyway, the big-ass computer monitor that has been sitting in my living room floor left the building briefly. But it came back. Its the monitor that WILL NOT leave......I am at a loss as to what to do with it now. Any suggestions?

Also...I did take pics of the new bedroom furniture. I just haven't downloaded them from the camera. We have been insanely busy around here lately. But I will do that when I get a chance to sit down and catch my breath. The good thing is that I am enjoying it immensely. I LOVE it, and it makes me happy. Its all good!

No comments: