Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bruce!!!

Today is Hubby's birthday (I won't reveal the age...surely its somewhere around 29 though...haha). Its also our 26th anniversary. I haven't bought him presents or cake. We have been much too busy to go shopping, spending most of our spare time utilizing this new gym membership (we are really enjoying it, and wondering why we didn't do this a long time ago). And as for cake....well, yeah, that ties into the new gym membership, too. We have been making serious efforts to clean up our eating habits, and that has been going rather well. We have been too busy to sit around and eat junk food...Haha. There's that, and the fact that we have also been too busy to go grocery shopping, so there is not much stuff in the house anyway. Whatever, its all good. The point is that we are having fun.

But I wanted to write a Happy Birthday/Happy Anniversary post to Hubby. You are my soulmate and my best friend. There is not another human being on the planet that I would want to spend 26 years with. I hope we have a couple of hundred more to go. Face it, dahling, you are STUCK with me. Remember how we changed our wedding vows to "always and forever" instead of "til death do us part"...? (We really didn't like the mention of anything as depressing as death to mar our celebration). Well, you may not have realized it at the time, but speaking those magic words bound you to me for all eternity. Not even death can spare you my eternal (infernal...?) presence....HAHA! We are in this together for the long haul.......

Anyway, we have a million things to do this weekend that are NOT exactly celebrational (ie the grass cutting, dishwasher shopping....oh the joys of home ownership). But we are going to a fancy restaurant for dinner tonight. I hope. We forgot to make reservations, but hopefully we can still get in. Its called Chef's 505, and its supposed to be amazing. I'll let you know how it is......Much love to my Beloved Hubby!!!!

2 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

So you guys got married when you were in preschool, right? :)

Happy Anniversary/Birthday! :)

Diana said...

happy birthday to the hubster and happy anniversary to you both! Wishes of many more to come!