Sunday, May 3, 2009

I think I'm scared......

Yesterday morning, Erica wanted to run (I can honestly say I never WANT to run. IF I run, it means something is dreadfully wrong, like I just accidentally walked up on a snake or I see one of those Zombie signs like on my sidebar or something....), so Hannia and I decided to go to Body Flow class (yoga) while Erica did her thing on the treadmill. And yes, I realize that might have been a grammatically incorrect run-on sentence, but it is what it is. So we all walk in to the gym and see this sign that says Body Flow is cancelled for the morning and they are having pilates instead. I was fine with that because I have been seriously wanting to try a pilates class, but with Body Flow, Body Pump, and the Ab/core classes we are doing, I never seem to be able to fit it in. Anyway, I enjoyed it. It was harder than the Flow/yoga class somewhat. Hell, the "Plea Squats" were even harder than the squats we do with weighted barbells in Pump. But it was some nice stretching in between the agony, and I think I am going to figure out a way to fit at least one of those classes in every week. Maybe I will drop the Ab/core class, because I honestly think we got in more ab work in pilates than in that ab class.....

But today? Say a little prayer for me, ok? Erica is insisting that ALL of us (meaning me, Bruce, Stephen AND Hannia) are going to attend the Body Combat Class this afternoon. The class that almost killed me. The one that caused me to walk out in shame after only 15 minutes!!! Oh my Lord, I think I am scared. But I am going to do it...for Erica....because I love her. I may not make it through the entire class, but I am committed and determined to make it longer than my first time.
If I make it a full 20 minutes this time, I will consider it a victory. Then I might decide to keep on trying until I can get through the entire thing....maybe? We will see how today goes first. Forget saying a "little" prayer. I need everyone to get down and their hands and knees and pray as hard as you possibly can...LOL.

No comments: