Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Let's see.....

Bruce and I both had our annual eye check up this week. We both got good reports which makes me feel relieved especially since Bruce had noticed some double-vision, or halo-effects when driving at night recently. The doc said it was just a slower focusing action due to....well....dare I say it?....age. Ahem. Ok then. But it wasn't cataracts, so thats good news. As for me, I have been using a pair of reading glasses off and on lately. I don't seem to need them all of the time, but sometimes it helps. I was a little worried that the doc would try to talk me into glasses (again), especially since I might need bi-focals. But much to my relief, they now make bi-focal contacts, so I was really happy. I have glasses. I wear them mainly just a little bit around the house if I have my contacts out for whatever reason. Like when I first get up in the mornings. But I have worn contacts forever now, and I am so used to NOT having glasses on my face that it would have bothered me, I think.
Especially when working out, or swimming. But everything is fine. I have on a trial pair of the bi-focal contacts now to test them out and see if it will work for me. So far it seems to be okay. Comfortable, even. Maybe I can avoid the dreaded glasses for at least another year.......


Check out these strange glasses by 4Occhi. Wear them one way and you have standard glasses. Flip them over and they become sunglasses. Its a cool idea, but I can't help but think you would get a whole lot of unwanted attention if you wore these in public.

No comments: