Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chocolate!!!



When Erica came home last weekend, she brought me a box of the best chocolates EVER!
There is an excellent chocolate shop in Charlottesville called Gearhart's. The chocolatier (Tim Gearhart) is amazing. He made the top 20 Artisan Chocolatiers list in Chocolatier's Magazine (I might need a subscription to that). I think I love him. Every flavor of candy in that box was delicious. But if I had to pick a favorite (or 2), it would HAVE to be the Raspberry Zin: homemade raspberry-zinfandel conserves dipped in dark chocolate.
And the Mint Julip: fresh mint spiked with bourbon and dipped in milk chocolate.

I can't tell you how delicious those were. Anyway, it was an early Mother's Day gift, and I can honestly say that we ALL enjoyed the heck out of that. I have bookmarked the site, because I discovered you can order these candies online. OMG, I might be in trouble y'all!!!!!!

Anyway, thank you for the excellent present my beloved daughter. And if anybody reading this wants to experience some of the best chocolate in the world, try the link, or stop by the shop if you are ever in Charlottesville. You will not regret it.

No comments: