Friday, September 19, 2008

What NOT to Wear.....

Its no secret that one of my favorite shows on television is TLC's "What NOT to Wear", with fashion gurus Stacey London, and Clinton Kelly. It is probably second ONLY to "House, MD" which holds the number one spot of my all-time favorite shows. Let's face it, I would kill (well not literally, but almost) to go shopping with Stacey and Clinton. Week after week they take the frumpiest, sloppiest people you have ever seen and make them look fabulous. They spout words of wisdom such as "Noone over a size 2 should EVER wear horizontal stripes", or "a tapered leg pant only emphasizes the width of the hips" and make you wonder how you ever lived your life without knowing these things.

This week's episode, during the final reveal at the end, the woman was wearing the EXACT same dress that I wore to my son's rehearsal dinner this past May. Its a sleeveless dress in brown silk with white polka dots. Maybe I have pictures of it somewhere....but anyway, I was so excited because it means that I picked out something worthy of the fashion Gods. It has their seal of approval. And that.....makes me deliriously happy. Of course, I wore brown strappy sandals with my dress. The woman on the show had some really adorable hot pink heels on with hers. I would have never thought to pair the dress with such a wild color, but it looked fabulous. Mine was boring by comparison. And this is why I would love to shop with Stacey and Clinton. And why I suddenly feel compelled to shop for hot pink heels.....clearly I NEED a pair of those.

And just for the record, I would also kill to go shopping with Hugh Laurie from House, MD. He might not be able to deliver those precious nuggets of style advice. But those blue eyes of his would make up for his lack of fashion savvy.

1 comment:

Hannia said...

hahahaha the last line is just great!