Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

Today is my birthday. So far its been pretty good. I got good news from the Doctor yesterday. He is 85% sure that my back injury is just muscle trauma. I have to be careful and take it easy for the next week or so. If for some reason its not better by then, I will go for a MRI to be absolutely certain. But things are already a little better, so I feel reasonably sure I don't have a hairline fracture like they thought. That is excellent because I am already bored out of my mind, and I miss going to the gym. I especially miss my yoga classes, so....the sooner I can get back into action the better. I even kind of, sort of miss work. Weird, I know. Its probably not work that I am missing so much as my friends there at the office. They have all called and kept a check on me, but its not the same as our face to face ribbing/teasing/fun.



Also, the other insurance company has come up with a settlement for the vehicle (the medical stuff is pending, of course). And they have agreed to pay us almost the exact amount of the car that my husband just bought for me. I am ending up with a better, newer car for less than $200. I am very grateful for that. I am still not able to drive yet, but I did get to ride in the new car yesterday when we went to the doctor...haha. Oh, and one other kind of funny accident-related thingie: My mailbox was stuffed with 13 or 14 advertisements from attorneys today. 1 ad was from a chiropractor. I am keeping that one. I think I will discuss the possibility of a chiropractor with my Doc next Tuesday and see what he says. I have never been to one, but a few people I know swear by them. My back might need some serious realignment, so...? I will see.

When I woke up this morning and went into the kitchen for coffee, I was scared half to death by this HUGE plastic frog sitting on the counter. It was a birthday treat from hubby. He is the size of a small cat and has a motion sensor that causes him to croak (loudly) whenever anything passes in front of him. It startled me to the point I almost tripped and fell (wouldn't be a good thing right now)...but after I recovered from my shock I fell in love with him instantly. You know how I love my wacky toys. There is also a large mint chocolate truffle cake in the fridge and a really pretty wrapped gift on the mantel, but I am under strict orders not to cut the cake or open the gift yet. Its tempting though. I wanted cake for breakfast. But I am trying to be good......

Anyway, I think Stephen and Hannia are coming over for dinner tonight. We are going to figure out what we all want and then get it as take out. I am not quite up to dressing up and sitting for a long time in public. Every little bit my back will ache to the point that I have to go lie down for a little while. That seems to ease it a bit, but it makes it hard for me to stay in any one place for very long. Dinner here at home will just be more comfortable for me. No idea what we will order yet. I have a feeling they will make me pick and I don't like making decisions like that. Maybe we can all make a group decision. Its not like I am picky about food or anything....haha.

One other thing: the FedEx guy dropped off a package for me this morning. Its the cutest framed frog print from Dad and Barb. Barb says they found it in San Juan. I love it. Its turning out to be a really froggy kind of birthday and thats just fine with me. I just need to figure out the perfect place to hang it so that I can see it every day. Thanks Dad and Barb. It suits me to a T.

1 comment:

Hannia said...

the cake was delicious! hope your birthday was nice!