Monday, September 15, 2008

Other accident related stuff....

For some reason, I am more sore today than I was yesterday. Weird. I feel like I ought to be doing something...anything. I am not the lie around doing nothing type. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. I have an appointment with my regular Doc on Wednesday. Just to follow up on that vague ER diagnosis of my back. My lower back hurts. A lot. Something is not quite right, and its not the same as the muscle pain that I had there back in May. Its different, but hard to describe.

But anyway, I wanted to say something about the accident that really floored me. The impact pushed my car over so that I was blocking 2 lanes of traffic at one of the major intersections here in town. Everybody at that stop light saw the accident. They saw me sitting there with my car smashed up, and bawling my eyes out. I was crying hysterically. It scared the hell out of me. But as soon as the light turned green for the people that I was blocking, they all started squeezing around me on both sides, barely inching past my car to zoom off on whatever errands they were off to do. Not 1 single person...not even 1, stopped to see if I needed help or if I was ok, or anything. It was surprising to me. I was definitely inconveniencing them by blocking their lane....to hell with whether or not I was injured. It was cold and insensitive. There wasn't a whole heck of a lot anybody could do, but still.....just having somebody there to talk to me or calm me down or something would have been nice. The guy who hit me didn't even talk to me. He stood on the other side of the street. Oh well, the cops and ambulance were there pretty quickly so it wasn't like I had to sit there for a really long time. And all of those guys were extremely nice and helpful. So at least there's that.

My husband has already bought another car for me. We are fairly certain that the insurance company will declare mine as totalled. He is off to finalize all of that right now. He took this day off to contact the insurance companies, the car stuff...etc. He had to go find my car that was towed, because I still had stuff in it (like my favorite raincoat). I'm so glad I have him, because I am really not up to dealing with all of this right now. Well, actually I am glad I have him for a million reasons, not just to deal with the accident aftermath...haha.

No comments: