Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day



A very Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. I'm feeling a little bit under the weather (just a cold), so we are taking it easy. Honestly, a day of rest is the best gift anyone could give me right now. But we did go out and have some fun last night. We went to a Chinese New Year's Festival here in town. And while we really didn't understand very much (they did include a little bit of English, but mostly it was Chinese) we enjoyed it. Stephen's friend, Sun Yi invited us. We took some pictures, but most of them just didn't turn out. It was too dark. Oh well. Today is the first day of the Lunar calendar, and it is the year of the Tiger. Which is our birth year, both Bruce and myself.

Yesterday we took advantage of the snow day and built a gigantic 7 ft tall snowman.



The snow was perfect for snowman building, and we had a good time. I don't think Mr. Snowman will survive for very long. I can hear snow falling off the roof and the trees right now. The sun is out, and its melting fast. And for some reason, as much as I generally do love winter, I am officially ready now for spring. I got my snow, built my snowman, and now I am done with it. We start getting a touch of spring usually by the first part of March, so I don't think its too far off.

No comments: