Friday, February 12, 2010

Updates

So, it still looks like the first part of next week before we can get a fan motor for our heat pump. But these gas logs keep the den/living area so warm that I haven't noticed the lack of heat. We still have heat in our bedrooms. So, its not a huge imposition. We have snow coming tonight, but we will be warm and toasty. Maybe a little TOO toasty. I like my house on the cooler side. Not freezing cold, but about 68 suits me fine. These gas logs can't be set to a certain temp, but we have some heat so I am going to shut up.

The insurance adjuster came by this afternoon. They are definitely going to fix the roof. Possibly a new one altogether?? We don't know that yet. They are sending a contractor over to get a better assessment of the situation. But apparently all we will have to do is write a check for our deductible and the rest will be taken care of. When, we have no idea. The contractor won't even be able to come out and take a look until early next week. Apparently there was so much damage related to this wind storm that they are swimming in claims. It would be awesome if he decided that the whole thing was so screwed up that we have to have a whole new roof, but if it gets fixed, then I will be satisfied. We will see.....

And since Hayley asked about the kitties, they are doing fine. Omen is almost completely healed and the meds keep her from scratching so much. She is taking steriods, twice a day. And even though this is our cat with an insatiable appetite, if you try to hide a pill in her food, she will NOT eat it. I've tried everything, even her favorite treat: canned chicken breast. Nope. Not even that will make her eat something with a pill hidden in it. I can't see how she knows its in there. I thought I hid it so well. So, twice a day I have to hold her down, and force a pill in her mouth. And then hold her mouth closed until she swallows. She hates it, and she struggles to get away. And then afterwards, she looks at me so sadly, like she is thinking "Why are you being so mean to me?" It breaks my heart. But she has to have this medicine so I keep torturing her. Poor thing. And Vixen is fine. I swear she watches the whole scenario with Omen with glee, laughing that its NOT her having to take the torture. I will be so glad when we have finished with this whole course of meds.

Anyway, we are getting ready for the snow tonight and tomorrow. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work and fought my way through the throngs of people acting like it is the end of the world. We are off on Monday and Tuesday, so we are settling in for a long weekend of restful bumming. We both deserve it after spending the past couple of weekends playing plumber in our attic. We aren't quite sure how our roof is going to hold up with so many of the shingles missing, but there isn't a whole heck of a lot that we can do about it.

No comments: