Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl

Super Bowl? Not watching it. I know, I know...it makes us weird (husband isn't watching it either). But neither one of us cares one whit for football. We don't watch basketball, or baseball, or hockey, or golf, or tennis either. Did I leave anything out? Because we just don't enjoy watching sports on TV. Like at all. I don't even watch the Olympics. Shhh...don't tell anybody. Its like blasphemy or something, but whatever.

So, we finished up our water heater plumbing this weekend. They tried to call me into work on Saturday morning, but I didn't answer. I had enough of work this past week, and we had all of this work still to do. And its done! Hot water all over the house! This evening we went out to Olive Garden to celebrate our victory. And thanks to the Super Bowl it was not busy. We got a table, got served and were back out of the door in record time. It was delicious, too. I had some chicken with cheese pancotti thing. I hadn't heard of that pasta, but it is basically pyramid shaped ravioli. Yum. Thank you Super Bowl, because our Olive Garden is usually a mad house on weekends.

Speaking of mad houses? That would be our grocery store on the way home from Olive Garden. We decided to pick up a few things that we are going to need this week because I really detest having to run by there after work. I am either sweaty from having stopped at the gym, or I am in a hurry to get home and relax. Twice a week, I am rushing to get home and change for that evening yoga class that I love so much.
But you get the idea. We try to pick up everything we need for the week on weekends.
Sunday evenings are usually pretty dead in there, but tonight it was packed. Beer and chips were flying off the shelves. I hope all of you who do the whole Super Bowl thing have a good time tonight. May your team win (I have no idea who is playing...LOL). We are watching movies and ignoring the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you missed a good game, the comercials were great, that is all I care about! Barbara