Sunday, February 21, 2010

False Alarm

Bruce took my laptop apart, and cleaned out/readjusted the wireless switch and miraculously it works again! Yay Bruce!!! I have a computer again. I am so grateful. He had switched out the wireless card, and that didn't help it. We were about to assume the motherboard had gone bad and start shopping. I'm so glad it didn't come to that.

And we had a good weekend. We took Delaney out for lunch and shopping yesterday while Calvin had the misfortune to go to a funeral. And everybody got a chance to play our new wii game "Mario Kart". I have yet to play it, but from the reaction it seems like fun. I will eventually get around to trying it.

I talked to Stephen today, and his conference/presentation was successful. I know he is glad that it's over because it was taking an enormous amount of his time. But it went well and that is awesome.

We have heat again, but still no roof. I think Bruce is going to call those guys tomorrow and see what is going on. Maybe one day soon....?

All in all it was a good weekend, the weather was really nice, and things are getting straightened out after our long bout of mishaps and catastrophes. I told Jeanne that it is probably a good thing that we gave away our goats, because if any more unfortunate incidents were to happen to us, I might resort to animal sacrifice to try and break the streak of bad luck....LOL. Of course, there are always the dogs.....hmmmmmm. The kitties are exempt from being sacrificial offerings due to their insane amount of cuteness. But if those dogs wake me up early on my weekends one more time...well....who knows.

1 comment:

Lori Kintz said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, not the doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce is indeed a computer hero, my kids say "Thank you Uncle Bruce" (for fixing their computer)every time they sit down to play on WebKinz or on iCarly . . . not so much when they are doing homework though. I wonder why?