Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions 2009

I'm sure we all made some resolutions. The new year is a perfect opportunity to start again with a clean slate. Some of mine are the same as always:

-Eat healthier
-Get to the gym more often

I would add weight loss, too, but as I get older I am much more concerned about health than vanity. Well, I still do have my vain moments, but not nearly as much as I used to. Its funny how that goes out the window as time marches on. But anyway....

The bulk of my resolutions have way more to do with my peace of mind and the quest for zen. Yeah, I'm still searching for that. And zen is still eluding me. Maybe true zen is as mythical as a unicorn. You think? I haven't made up my mind about that one. My peace of mind resolutions include:

-Saying NO more often ( Life is too short to waste time on all of this stuff that is unpleasant and soul-sucking).

-Working as little as possible, and playing as much as I can. Again....life is too short.

-More days spent wearing pajamas. Seriously. Any day that I can wear pajamas ALL day long without having to run errands, take care of business, go to work, or anything else that requires venturing outside the walls of my home is an excellent one. Those days are precious and few. There should be more of them. Of course that is in direct conflict with my heading to the gym more often, but there must be some way to compromise. Right...?

If I can accomplish these things, happiness will be mine. I'm sure of it. I don't have lofty goals of great accomplishments, exotic travel or extreme excitement. I would be perfectly content to just have a quiet peaceful year holed up someplace remote with my husband, and all of my animals. With my kids popping in occasionally.....of course. As long as they don't mind that I am wearing my pajamas while we visit. HAHA!

1 comment:

Saphira said...

I like the way you think! PJ's all day works for me!! Laugh more.... of course, maybe it will catch on!