Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Zoo

Everything here at the ZOO is going well. Dad and Barb left to go home this morning. We have another round of family coming on Tuesday for New Years. Vixen the new kitty has made herself completely at home. She is an awesome cat, really. She house trained to the litter box in no time at all. And this tiny little kitten runs around with no fear at all of all the dogs. In fact, she curled up with Shep, our biggest dog, for a nap this afternoon. They were both completely at peace, just sleeping like babies. Dad and Barb kind of wanted to take her home with them. They have 2 cats already, so she would probably fit right in. But as much as I was afraid that a cat would disrupt the doggy scene around here, now I don't want to let her go. I love her early morning rampages. She wakes up feisty and ready to play. I didn't even mind that she took off all the lower tree ornaments, and ripped off all the bows on the presents. At least she didn't open any of them.

And there are the goats now. They seem to be settling in quite well, too. They follow me around the yard for attention, and that makes me happy. The dogs still aren't completely happy about having goats out in their space, but they have stopped the constant barking, so its going to eventually be ok. I am still stunned that my husband bought me goats. Shock and Awe is an apt description. Oh, I got some other cool stuff....a really beautiful pearl necklace. Its a classic, hand-tied strand, but the pearls are shades of rose, lavender, and white. Its beautiful and I got a matching bracelet with it, too. Also, a set of cookware. Ok, so for those of you who know me, and know my hatred of cooking.....shut up. Hahaha! I needed new pots and pans. I have never really spent much money on decent ones. So I have been researching so I could get exactly what I wanted. That turned out to be Infinite Circulon. It has a non-stick interior that is supposed to be one of the toughest, longest lasting ones on the market. Plus, it is the ONLY set that has been engineered to be able to go into the dishwasher. The dishwasher, people!!! That gift surprised me because even though I had told hubby that I really wanted this set, he vetoed it as being a completely unreasonable expense. Given how much I don't cook. It floored me to open this up on Christmas morning. Its all washed up and put away, ready to use....but we cooked so much stuff over Christmas that we haven't actually had any need to cook anything else since I got it. I'm sure I will get to use it this week though.

Anyway, its been a good year. I have complete faith that 2009 will be every bit as good, possibly even better. I hope the same for all of you. And if you want things to be completely awesome, I suggest getting a GOAT!!! LOL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's true. goats make all your wishes come true!