Thursday, February 10, 2011

What is going on?

I have been having a lot of stomach pain and discomfort for over a week now. Its a bloated burning sensation that has been keeping me up at night. Kind of like heart burn but worse than the occasional bouts I feel when I eat something really heavy, greasy or spicy. Is it an ulcer? I don't have any idea, having never had an ulcer before. But its persistent and really uncomfortable. Not intestinal at all. I decided to try and eat really lightly for a few days and see if that helps clear it up. Give my stomach a little rest. I still get hungry, but after I eat I start to regret it almost immediately. Today I had a small cup of yogurt for breakfast, some really bland chicken soup for lunch, and a small bowl of oatmeal tonight for dinner. And I am STILL having stomach pain tonight. What the heck? I suppose its going to take a few more days of light food to heal things up, but the fact that my day of blandness has made very little difference is making me wonder if its even going to help at all?
I have NO idea what in the world it is. Its making me really tired, not only because being uncomfortable is exhausting, but I spent a good part of last night walking around the house in the wee hours of the morning because I kept waking up in pain. In fact, the night before that I actually dreamed I was pregnant and IN LABOR somehow incorporating the pain into my dream. Of course, its really nothing like labor pains. But my subconscious doesn't seem to know that.
Oh well, its not keeping me from going about my day. I haven't called in sick or missed out on anything going on yet. If it doesn't clear up soon I guess I will have to see the Doc who will probably prescribe an antacid and send me on my way. I have taken Tums, Rolaids, Pepcid, and Tagamet......none of them have really made a dent in this. Who knows....maybe if I fast for a day or so and have nothing but liquids it will clear up. That might be my next plan of attack. Any other suggestions? I keep thinking its just a little virus kind of bug because God knows my whole office has been sick with one thing or another. Flu, stomach viruses, upper respiratory infections...there is a little bit of all of it going on there. And most people think they are doing the world a great favor by showing up for work like a martyr. All they are really doing is spreading germs. Ugh.

No comments: