Monday, February 7, 2011

Strange Dreams and Crafty People

I had the weirdest dream last night. Maybe it was more than one and I just remember bits and pieces of them. Who knows. What I do remember is that I was living in an apartment building and one of my neighbors was Randy Jackson, one of the American Idol judges. Yeah, I have been watching the Idol auditions these past few weeks. I may have to stop if Randy Jackson is going to invade my dreams. I recall that Bruce was calling me telling me that I needed to bring him some necessary item for work (no idea exactly what), but he needed it right that minute. And Randy Jackson called just after that and said he needed me to bring him some incredibly important item that he had inadvertently left in his apartment. Strange. Randy's "item" turned out to be truckloads of electronic products, tv's , blue ray players...etc. His apartment looked like a warehouse. These things were supposed to be handed out to people in need. Because we all know that people who are struggling to afford food need nothing more than a blue ray player, right? Somehow I was getting it all done....errands for Bruce, errands for Randy. I remember feeling really tired and I kept thinking, "Seriously? I have to do this for everybody on my day off?" LOL. I was probably having uneasy dreams because I ended up sleeping in Erica's room last night. Bruce went to bed first. By the time I got there he was so wrapped up in blankets and sheets that I didn't have enough of a sliver of blanket to cover even half of my body. I kind of laid there for a few minutes, pulling and tugging to no avail. So I just gave up and found another bed to sleep in.

Also? I keep reading all of these "crafts" blogs where people are making these beautiful valentines. It makes me feel so inadequate. One woman had been thrift store shopping for weeks collecting all kinds of interesting items to re-purpose as valentines. She had even used really old Bingo cards from a game she bought for fifty cents. The cards were amazing when she was done with them. Personalized, and unique to each recipient. I love crafty stuff. I never have time to really do any of it though. Maybe one day I will be able to present my family and friends with beautiful handmade valentines. Just know that I love you all and if I could make everybody fancy, original cards I would. :) Just pretend I did this year, ok?

No comments: