Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Erica



Twenty some odd years ago, on this day, at 6:13 in the evening (its funny how mothers remember this kind of thing), my most amazing daughter was born. And although Erica is considering this a "non-birthday" (she is NOT old enough to warrant that, but I am humoring her), and I am trying NOT to gush about just how wonderful she is, I still am going to broadcast to the world that this is the day that my first child, my only daughter was born. It's important and I can't remain silent.

So, Happy NON Birthday beloved daughter of mine. I wish you a wonderful one. I hope you had a good time with your friends last night, and that your weekend was a whole lot of fun. I wish I was there, baking or buying you a cake and all. But I'm not, and I can't be, so....I am sending my well wishes by mail, email, blog and phone (yeah, I know its a lot of venues, but even all of that can't make up for not actually seeing her today). I love you. We love you. And now I am tearing up, so I am going to leave it at that. Call you later today!