Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday

I wanted to wish all the Dad's out there a belated Happy Father's Day!!! We had a quiet celebration here. Stephen and Hannia came over with homemade guacamole, I cooked steaks and fresh corn on the cob. And Bruce decided that he wanted a red velvet cake with the family recipe of hard fudge frosting. It was unusual, but its what he wanted, and really it was pretty good. You can't go wrong with cake and fudge anyway.

Hannia made a B on her exam!!! I am thrilled for her. Maybe she will finally be able to get her degree/diploma now? ECU should really be ashamed for all the crap and red tape they have put her through. But she passed the final test with flying colors despite not having ever taken that class, and having to deal with a really sick husband the night and morning before. Yay!

Speaking of "sick husband", we STILL have not heard back from Stephen's swine flu test. What the hell is that? No wonder its so rampant...people can't get their test results back in time to know that they are infected, so they have NO idea if they need to go through the full quarantine period. Stephen pretty much complied with the 7 day quarantine even without knowing IF he really needed to. It wasn't easy because he was feeling fine, and antsy to get out and do something by the weekend...
I don't know what the hold up is. I have read that the number of specimens being sent in (basically for anyone with any of the symptoms, like fever...)is more than the lab personnel can reasonably handle. Someone needs to address this. But since my son is well now, thankfully, I am going to try to let this go. But its beyond ridiculous. Seriously!

Anyway, we are in count-down mode for our beach vacation the week after the 4th of July. I will be happy to get away for a little while.

1 comment:

Lori Kintz said...

Glad Stephen is feeling better, wish you all could know for sure and be done with the whole thing . . . also, just want to be sure it would be safe to let you and Bruce into the house at Bald Head . . . only kidding, you might have homemade guacamole, we would have to let you in for that! Come on, doesn't Hannia want to make guacamole for all of us?? We are so nice and cute, how can you resist our sweet faces! Anyway, can't wait for the beach. Since we are on duty for "Hamburger" night, (and because I don't do hamburgers and want an alternative,) I was working on perfecting my Salmon Burger recipe this evening, Greg and I had the same evaluation: meh. Oh well, I'll keep trying.