Friday, June 19, 2009

All Random...

- We STILL have not heard back from Stephen's flu test yet. Apparently, since doctors are being required to test anyone who has any of the symptoms, the labs are seriously backed up. I want to know if he actually had Swine Flu, but at this point it hardly matters. He and Hannia came over last night, and he seemed pretty much completely well. He still hasn't eaten a whole lot, but said he was feeling fine. I'm so glad. I hate it when my kids are sick.

- Hannia wrote a message about all of this on Twitter, and now...the CDC is one of her followers. Weird! And a little bit scary. But whatever.

- We had a little party/brunch at work today. I brought sausage balls because people requested them. But somebody, and I don't know who, brought chocolate-covered strawberries that were the best things EVER!! The berries were huge, and ripe, and sweet, and that chocolate was amazing. Thank you whoever made those. I want some more please.....:)

- It is hotter than a thousand HELLS here right now. Its supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. Anybody who knows anything about me knows that I hate, loathe and despise hot weather. I think we are going to spend a lot of our weekend hanging out at the pool. What else can you do when its this miserable? We will probably be sneaking in some mojitos in water bottles again. They frown upon alcohol at the pool, but what they don't know won't hurt them.

- We were planning to go up to Danville this weekend (for Father's Day) because Bruce wanted to go try out the new gun club that Dad has joined. Then this whole flu business came up, and we decided it was better to be safe than sorry. I am sure Dad and Barb want NO part of the flu of any kind. The Doc said that we could potentially be contagious up to 5 days after exposure. So....yeah. We hate missing a chance to visit, but we want everyone to be well for our beach trip in a couple of weeks.

- I am so happy that the weekend is finally here that I can't even find the words to express it. Love to all. Have a fabulous weekend. Stay cool, have fun, and stay WELL!

1 comment:

Hannia said...

Stephen actually got a ferocious hunger last night, and had two sandwiches after dinner... :)he's def. back to normal!