Sunday, June 14, 2009

Little Tabby Cat




This is Omen, our little tabby cat. She is such a sweet tempered girl, very affectionate and cuddly. I was reading a piece about the domestic short-haired tabby, and I saw a cute little legend that I have never heard before.

According to this legend, a common little tabby cat climbed into the manger to cuddle up with the newborn baby Jesus and keep him warm. Mary was so grateful that she marked the cat (on its forehead) with her initial "M" so that everyone would know to care for, love and respect the descendants of the little kitten that warmed the baby Jesus. All true tabbies are supposed to bear the mark.

I see Omen every single day, and yet I couldn't remember seeing a large "M" on her forehead...so I had to go check it out. I woke her up from a nap, so she wasn't exactly amused. But its there. On her forehead. The middle of the M is broken, and doesn't quite meet up, but its definitely there. Funny how I never saw it before. Kind of a cute little story though.....

1 comment:

Hannia said...

love that story!