Friday, February 20, 2009

Boys and their Toys......


My husband has rented himself a new toy for the weekend. Its a tractor with a backhoe AND a front end loader. He has some heavy duty yard work to do, including taking out some fairly large bushes. They delivered this big boy late this afternoon, and he was out there playing around with it soon after. He also got on the phone with Uncle Calvin and discussed how much fun tearing stuff up with this thing was going to be. Calvin was sorely disappointed that there was no heavy equipment to play with last weekend. Bruce was planning to rent it then, but the funeral happened, and he canceled the rental. I think Calvin was tempted to ditch his weekend plans right away to drive up here and play with the tractor, but Jeanne put a stop to that pretty quickly....HAHA! Oh well. I can honestly say that I am not all that excited about it. I have NO desire to operate it. And the only thing I feel is a certain amount of dread that I will end up having to do some clean up in the yard after all the demolition is done with. The only bit of yard work that I actually like is to ride around on the riding lawnmower once in a while during nice weather. The rest of it is not my cup of tea. Maybe I can quietly make myself scarce for the next couple of days.....? You think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go shopping until dark that way you will have to do any clean up Barb

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmm, let's see, yeah, Chelsea is having a sleepover on Friday night and I need help! You need to be here for the entire weekend! (Will that work??) Lori