Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday....

Where does the time go? Its Wednesday already. I haven't written anything in days. I don't have an excuse other than we've been busy. Doing what exactly, I have no idea. But it seems like by the time I have a chance to sit down and catch my breath its bedtime and then it all starts over again in the morning.

So, the weekend with the big honking piece of rental equipment.....there was this one moment on Saturday afternoon when the whole thing mired itself into the soft earth and got stuck. With the clock ticking, the overwhelming amount of work still undone. And there was chaos and stress and my husband heading straight towards "man-fit" status. He was so pissed off because from all general appearances that big tractor was going nowhere for a long, long time. And then, just as despair was setting in one of our neighbors happened to pass by on his tractor. We flagged him down and his first words were, "You can't get stuck with a back hoe." Bruce thought the guy was being a jerk at first, but he was just stating a fact. He got in there and started working the controls. Push up with the front end loader, use the back hoe to pull the tractor out of the hole, slowly, inch by inch. And little by little the thing unstuck itself. I can't tell you how happy we were. The weekend was salvaged. And we need to go buy this guy a gift certificate to someplace nice for dinner. Because he really did save the day. And then without being asked, he starting smoothing the ground with his box blade, and finished up that part of the work for us. Just like that. We were really appreciative.

And while I would love to stay here and chat for a while, since I haven't been on blogger in days, I am having trouble writing right now, because Vixen insists on walking back and forth across my laptop. I need to go entertain a bored kitty apparently.

No comments: