Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winning the battle

I have given up on the fence/goat situation for the moment. I don't even bother to close the gate because I am afraid my goats are going to hurt themselves jumping over it. They are so determined to sleep on that porch stoop no matter what we do. So....we let them. For now. Its so cold that I really feel sorry for them anyway. We have been using some old blankets to cover them up like babies. If they had better manners, I might be tempted to let them sleep inside. But they don't and I can't even imagine the chaos and destruction that would undoubtably happen if they came in. I think they have won this battle. But they have NOT won the war. We will eventually figure out a solution that will keep them in their place. I hope.......

We just heard that ALL of the Circuit City stores are closing. Apparently their website has closed down already. Bruce ran out there today just to see whats going on. At the moment, they are just offering a 10 percent discount, but he said that the place was a madhouse anyway. Most of the laptops have been bought up. By the time they start to offer deeper discounts most of the good merchandise will be long gone. Oh well, I honestly can't think of a single thing, electronic-wise that I really need or want right now. Its sad the number of stores that are in trouble. The whole financial situation is depressing. I heard that Old Navy, Gap, and even Macy's are having problems. Where in the world will I be able to shop if all of these places go under? What about Target? Does anybody know anything about them? Because if Target closes I have NO idea what I will do. I try to avoid our Walmart like the plague. I hope things turn around soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Walmart is evil. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil. I can't think of a thing I want from Circuit City, either. At least nothing that they'll still have in stock.

Em said...

So many stores closing...it starts to get a bit scary.

As for the goats...I'm still laughing at those little guys getting their way every time. LOL

That Chick Over There said...

Last time I was in your neck of the woods I went to Wal-Mart.

It was scary. For reals.