Monday, January 12, 2009

The new fence

The new fence.....completely useless. We could have just flushed that cash down the toilet for all the good it has done. Well, no, I take that back. I still kind of like having it there so I don't have to go chase down Scotty (the blind/deaf dog) early in the morning, or in the rain. So at least there's that. But as for keeping the goats out of the courtyard.....not happening. Chaucer figured out how to jump over it sometime early this morning. By this evening Poe was leaping over it as well. I have no idea how to solve this one. I am at a complete loss.......

I spent some time this afternoon outside playing with the goats. They are cute and playful (when they aren't doing some evil fencing jumping/door chewing deeds). I do love them. Poe can rare up on his hind legs and walk quite a ways like that. Its hilarious to watch. I really hope we can figure out some way to coexist. They are mine, and I don't want to give them up. Maybe I can just keep feeding them a whole lot, and they will get too fat to jump....?

On other note, I am dealing with some really inconvenient carpal tunnel syndrome thingie. My hand keeps getting that pins and needles feeling. I bought a wrist brace, and that helps. It really helps a lot at night. The pain in my wrist and the tingling in my hand has been keeping me from getting much sleep lately. Its been going on for at least a month or more. I've been researching it on the internet, just hoping to figure out some way to avoid going to the doc. I really don't want to take time off work again right now. And I really really really do NOT even want to consider surgery. So, keep your finger's crossed for me. I am using the brace, taking ibuprofen to reduce swelling, and being really diligent with a whole arsenal of hand/wrist exercises that are supposed to help.Apparently that is the first course of action that the doc would prescribe.

Ok, I'm frustrated, tired and a little bit stabby. But seriously, no matter how annoyed I am, I still know I am a lucky woman. It will all work out......right?

1 comment:

Em said...

It will all work out, I'm sure. And I hope your hand feels better quickly. As for your goats and the gate, I have compassion for your problem, but I can't help having a good laugh over just how creative these goats are!