Friday, October 24, 2008

You will NOT believe this...

I was on my way to work this morning, at a stop light less than half a mile from our house, when this woman slams into the back of my car. My car that I just bought 3 weeks ago to replace the OTHER car that got smashed back in mid-September. Do I have a target painted on my car that I am not seeing????

Anyway, I am fine. I feel a little bit sore, but that could be from nerves and tension. I am still really shaken up though. I am becoming positively phobic about driving, I swear. But the woman that hit me was really nice, and terribly apologetic. The left-turn light turned green, and she had a total brain fart, and assumed it was her time to go, so she floored it. Right into the back of me. My poor car has a completely smashed up back bumper, and the trunk is bowed up and not closing. But we have already dropped it off at a body shop. Luckily we know this man who owns a decent body shop here in town, and he has done work for us before. He is going to begin the work on it while we are out of town. After the insurance company gets the chance to check it out and ok everything. Because seriously? We ARE getting on that train bound for NY tomorrow. Thank God I wasn't injured. And if every cloud really does have a silver lining, the silver part for me is that I now have the rest of the day off to get packed and ready. I was geared up to do some speed packing tonight after work, and that always makes me feel like I am forgetting something important. How crazy. Also, I will be glad to take a break from driving in NY. We will use taxis and subways and I won't have to get behind the wheel for at least a week now. Is it possible to get disability due to a complete phobia of driving???? Cuz I feel like I might end up that way. There was no way to avoid this one. No way at all. And that is just scary.

No comments: