Saturday, June 7, 2008

Stolen Alphabet Meme

I stole this meme from Maria...she said that everyone could use it, so Thanks Maria...haha.



The Alphabet Meme:



-A is for your age:



45...And totally ok with that. I am not one of those folks who get weirded out by their age. Its just a number. Geesh.



-B is for the burger of your choice:



A plain ol' regular cheeseburger fresh off the grill with ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and lots of yummy breath-tainting raw onion. Hold the pickles though, please.



-C is for the car you drive:



A chevy Impala. With a big rainbow colored peace frog sticker in the back window. We have friends who own the Chevy dealership in town, so....yeah....It would be rude to not drive a GM car.



-D is for dog's name:



Scotty, Scarlet, Scooter and Shep.



-E is for an essential item you use every day:



Moisturizer. I may not mind telling my age, but I don't want to look like it. Ha.



-F is for your favorite TV show:



House, MD. I love me some Hugh Laurie.



-G is for your favorite game:



Cranium. I never laugh harder.



-H is for hometown:



Greenville, SC. Home of the creepy cult-like Bob Jones people. We had a rule to never, ever make direct eye contact with any of them (yeah, it wasn't hard to spot them...they dressed uniquely) or they might come up to you and start harrassing you with pamphlets and religious dogma. I don't miss that. Like, at ALL!



-I is for instruments I played:



Clarinet, flute, and piano. I didn't really keep up with any of them, though, so I doubt I have much in the way of skills left now. Honestly? It was kind of a forced issue in my childhood and I don't miss it.



-J is for favorite juice:



um, let me see....I don't really drink much juice because its full of sugar. I like the diet V8 Fusion occasionally though. Its supposed to have servings of veggies and fruit, but it doesn't taste like the regular V8 tomato-y stuff that makes me gag.



-K is for what you'd like to kick:



The managerial staff at my job. All of them. In the face. Repeatedly. Hopefully taking out most of their teeth. But since I am basically a non-violent human being, I try to be content with waiting on Karma to do the dirty work for me. Its going to happen, and its going to be spectacular. And satisfying.



-L is for the last restaurant that you dined at:



We haven't eaten out lately. Lets see...Probably Captain Bill's when we had the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. Although my daughter did run and pick up some take-out from Parker's Barbecue for us right after we got home. We've tried to do a little better since all the celebrating that went on..haha.



-M is for your favorite Muppet:



Kermit, cuz I am totally into the frog thing.



-N is for the number of piercings that you have:



2...one in each ear. I'm not a huge fan of extreme piercings, or tattoos or any of that body art.



-O is for overnight hospital stays:



Wow, lets see. Too many to count, I think. Once for each of the children. But I was hospitalized several times during each pregnancy. I didn't have an easy time of it. Then I had a twisted ovary that had to be removed. And of course, the hysterectomy last year.....Clearly it would have been much easier on me if I had been born a man. I feel like I am leaving stuff out, but I prefer to repress unpleasant memories.



-P is for the people you were with today:



So far, just hubby, but its still early and I am planning to head over to help my son do some painting at his new place.



-Q is for what you do during quiet times:



Nap, read, blog, watch mindless tv



-R is for regrets:



Seriously? I try not to have any. If I have to come up with something then I would say that I regret not figuring out earlier in life that things usually do work out just fine in the end, and I regret wasting so much time worrying about stupid things that never happen.



-S is for status:



Happily married. And hoping that all of our favorite gay and lesbian friends will have the right in the very near future to be able to say the same.



-T is for the time you woke up today:



8am. I am just a morning person.



-U is for what you consider Unique:

My husband's warmth, heart and spirit.

-V is for favorite veggie:

Fresh corn on the cob slathered in butter

-W is for your worst habit:

These crazy nicotine lozenges. So, I quit smoking over a year ago, and I am thankful for that, but now I can't seem to get rid of the lozenge habit.

-X is for X-rays you have had:

Seriously? I have NO idea. It seems like my doc is always wanting to take an x-ray of something or other. Lets just say a whole heck of a lot of them.

-Y is for yummy food you had today:

We had pizza for dinner, cuz its Monday and its hotter than 50,000 hells here and I was NOT going to cook. No way. But the pizza was yummy, so its all good.

-Z is for Zodiac sign:

Virgo. To the core. And I am not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

2 comments:

Terri G said...

CUTE! Imma try it...and do those cult people REALLY dress uniquely? You would think they would try to blend in!
;)t

That Chick Over There said...

What a cool meme.

And good for you for kicking the smoking habit. I hear that's one of the hardest habits to break.