Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Newlyweds are BACK


-Stephen and Hannia got back from their honeymoon today. They were supposed to fly back last night, but they got stuck in NYC due to some ugly weather. Most east coast flights got cancelled yesterday evening apparently. They just stopped by to show us their pictures. I'm jealous. I think they had a lot of fun in Madrid. And they made a quick hop over to Brussels for a couple of days, too. I'm just glad to have them back home again. And they brought me Belgian chocolate. Yummy!

-So apparently summer has roared in with a vengeance. It was 98 degrees here today. Its going to be even hotter tomorrow. I know I have said it before, but I will say it again....I HATE hot weather. Passionately hate it with every fiber of my being. I wish I could move to Alaska or the North Pole or something for 3 months out of every year. Of course, with global warming maybe its not even that cool there....??

-Scooter is alive and well. And back to his old annoying self. He has to take some steriods and antihistamines for a couple of days, but it looks like he is not going to go see Jesus anytime soon.

-Erica has been in Boston this entire week for a bio-med conference. I think she has been having a really good time there, too. Well, apparently the science parts have been kind of boring, but the after hours social scene sounds like a blast. She will be home Sunday....I think. Unless flights get cancelled. Hopefully not though.

-Tomorrow is Friday. Yay!

2 comments:

That Chick Over There said...

Oh honey. If you hate the heat, you so need to move.

When I first moved there the heat would literally take my breath away when I opened the car door. Sheesh!

Maria said...

Strangely enough, it has been a gorgeous Spring here on the prairie. We haven't had to turn on the a/c yet, which is some kind of record for us.