Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Re-check

So, I had the six month re-check mammogram today. There is still something there that the doc doesn't like. I've been assured that there is a 99% chance that everything is fine. But to be sure, I have to go back AGAIN in another 6 months. Just to keep an eye on this spot. I am not worried, or upset or anything like that. I am just a little bit frustrated because I wanted to be done with this for at least another year. But to be on the safe side, I will go back in November and do whats been recommended. Even though I HATE these things. With a passion.

And...Hubby took Scooter to the vet today. Scooter is our dog that noone likes. I hate to be unkind to an animal, but seriously? Even our other dogs would vote him off the island if they could. He just has an annoying personality, and he can't seem to help it. Its just how he is. He's loud, and boisterous, and is always all up in the other dog's faces wanting to play or get attention or whatever. But anyway, he has a thyroid problem (like me...haha) and he has to go for regular blood tests to make sure his thyroid medication is right. The vet also gave him his distemper shot at the same time. About 2 hours later he was running around, acting all weird, trying to scratch his belly and his back on the carpet. Granted he always acts a little weird, because thats just how he rolls. But this was almost frantic. So, we wrestled him to the floor to check him out, and he had broken out in these huge welts, I guess they're hives, all over his belly. Bruce just left to take him BACK to the vet for them to see this reaction. I did a quickie online search and apparently hives can be a common reaction to distemper shots. They will probably give him a shot of benadryl and some antihistamines and send him home. I hope.....I mean, I know this dog is a pain in the ass but I don't want anything bad to happen to him.

ETA: Scooter is going to be ok. He had to have some shots, and wait around the vet for a while to make sure he was going to be alright. Bruce said that by the time that he got to the vet, Scooter's face had swollen up so much he could barely open his eyes, and his breathing had become labored. Yikes! It was about to become really serious. I'm glad we were home and caught this allergic reaction before it became critical. Anyway, most of the swelling has gone down, and doggy is groggy, probably from the benadryl. I'm guessing that he will sleep good tonight. Poor thing. The vet said that they are no longer going to give him any of these shots except for rabies, which is required by law. The dogs are all old and stay in the house most of the time anyway......Beware these vaccinations because this dog is 13 years old, had all of his shots for his entire life and this is the first time he has ever had a bad reaction to them. Strange.

1 comment:

That Chick Over There said...

The other dogs don't even like Scooter! LOL!