Wednesday, May 28, 2008

And its DONE!!!


My son is a married man! I am officially a mother-in-law! And I am somewhat exhausted by all of the festivities of the past few weeks. We had son's college graduation AND wedding in a 2 week span. Whew....that was a LOT of stuff going on.

I am happy to report that the wedding was beautiful. It didn't go off without a hitch. There were a few minor situations here and there. Like, for instance, just a few minutes before we were supposed to leave, I discovered that I had forgotten to pack Hubby's shirt. He had a suit.
He had a tie. He had no dress shirt though. I panicked. He was wandering around the hotel, visiting with all of the family we had staying there, and I couldn't find him. I ran to Dad and Barb's room almost in tears, and on the verge of a serious break down. But Dad had an extra white dress shirt. And it fit. Well, almost. The neck was a little tight, but it sufficed and I was grateful. I found out later that Hannia's Dad, Rodrigo, had a similar situation and he was also wearing a borrowed shirt...haha. Funny.

Anyway, it couldn't have been more beautiful. Stephen and Hannia were so perfect and so obviously in love. Even my sister who is not overly inclined to be emotional got all choked up when she said to me, "He just looks at her in this way that makes you KNOW he loves her."

And then the reception....we had a blast. There was much dancing, and music. My daughter did a most excellent job of her best man's toast. I got a little teary over that one. It was sweet, and heart felt, and I loved every word of it. Every minute of the ceremony AND the toast has been captured on video, so I can relive it all over and over again....haha.

Also? I have heard briefly from Stephen, and they made it safely to Madrid. The place that they are staying apparently has really unreliable internet. So communication has been limited.
But its their honeymoon, so I didn't expect to have long drawn out conversations. I was thankful just to know they are safe, and everything seems to be fine.

I'm sure there are about a million things that I want to write about the past few days, but I'm tired and my brain is frazzled......I will get back to you all later. To sum it up in a couple of words: Good times!!!!

4 comments:

Em said...

Congratulations to the entire family. Makes you one of the youngest looking MILs in history...right? :)

Diana said...

they look beautiful! congrats new mom-in-law!

That Chick Over There said...

Congrats!

dennis said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HAPPY COUPLE!!

(and also to your son and his new bride!)