Friday, April 11, 2008

Wondering...

There is this house that I drive by almost every day. And on most of those days there is a woman who sits in a rocking chair on the front porch. The odd thing is that she sits there facing the house, her back to the road. I have no idea of how old she is, as I have never actually seen her face. Her hair is medium/short in length, and looks to be fairly gray. My guess is that she is an older woman, but then again, some people go gray really young. Some days it looks like she is doing something with her hands. I've seen her with a bowl on her lap and got the impression that she was shelling peas, or something like that. Maybe she is doing some kind of needlework sometimes, too...? I don't know. But every time that I see her out there, facing the house with her back to the road, I have to take a moment to wonder. Whats her story?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder, too...
~Diana