Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm Alive!!!

Really, seriously, I am alive. I haven't written much mainly because things have been insanely busy. We had Greg, Lori and the girls up for a visit the weekend before last. This past weekend we were visiting Dad and Barb in Danville. Besides all the visitation, work has kept me hopping like a one-legged Easter Bunny. Whew...I am tired. Last night, for instance, I went to bed at 7 pm. I totally meant to take a quick nap and get up in an hour. Well, the REAL story is that I said something kind of snarky that got on my husband's nerves (I honestly can NOT remember what I said, but I am pretty sure it wasn't altogether sweet and loving). So he started to blatantly IGNORE me. He was refusing to answer me, or acknowledge my existence. Not like a serious fight or argument. I think we were both just tired and feeling a little snippy. But since he was artfully ignoring me, I decided that I would just go ahead and deprive him of my glorious presence all together, and I went to bed. Hahahaha. Like I said, I meant to get up again in a little while, but I slept through until the alarm went off this morning. Yikes! I must have needed the sleep. I don't know if the deprivation of my presence taught hubby a lesson or not, but he seems to be behaving a bit better today, so maybe? I got some good sleep either way.

Anyway, nothing else is new. We have had days on end of cloudy, misty, rainy days. It feels like forever since I saw any sunlight. That in and of itself is somewhat depressing. It makes me sleepy. And it appears as though there is no real sunshine in the forecast around here for the rest of this week. Blah. Oh well, we needed the rain, I guess. I read somewhere that we are finally back up into the "normal" rainfall range again after the serious drought of last summer.
I keep wondering about Atlanta. We heard lots of urgent news reports that Atlanta was running out of water, with only a month or so supply left. Have they gotten back up to normal levels yet? Has anyone heard? Apparently only the bad stuff gets reported. Noone tells you when things are going well......Why is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are alive! Spring as sprung but you definately wouldn't know it with the weather in most of the country these days.

Hopefully the sunny days will be here soon! Don't forget your B-Complex and Vitamin A & D supplements to get you through.

Take Care!
P

P.S.
Read the "Always" letter, that was funny. I buy the cheap pads, they wouldn't waste the cost of ink with such phrases.