Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bridal Shower



I went to Hannia's bridal shower yesterday afternoon. This picture is of Hannia modeling one of our tissue wedding dress creations. We divided into 3 teams and each team had 2 minutes to design and dress her for the wedding. This particular dress was not the one that my team did, but its the one that I got the best shot of, so its the one I am sharing. The funny part of this dress, although you can't see it in this pic, is that her posterior area is exposed. Like a hospital gown. But you know...we had 2 minutes, so what do you expect? It was a lot of fun though. A real frenzy of tape and tissue and a whole lot of laughter. Also? The tiara that she is wearing had pink blinking lights in it! I'm totally jealous, because I want one too! hahahaha


I also got to meet the other 2 bridesmaids. I said in an earlier post that the 3rd "bridesmaid" is Hannia's younger brother Miguel. That brings me much joy to call him a bridesmaid for some reason. He's a fun guy. He came over and had Christmas dinner with us this past year.
And then we spent Christmas evening playing Cranium. Its a board game that you have to act out charades, hum a song, model a figure out of clay....all kinds of things to get your partner to guess what your word is. Anyway, Miguel had to act out the action word "Vibrate". Let me tell you I thought we would all die laughing that night. I can't remember if any of us guessed the correct word or not. Somehow I am thinking that we didn't. But he does have a sense of humor.
That part I do recall with great clarity.


Oh, I got off track remembering Miguel vibrating like that...haha. I meant to share the picture of Hannia and the other bridesmaids:

I THINK that the girl in pink is Dara, and the one in black is April. I hope I am getting this right.
There was a lot going on and you know...I get confused easily...but they were both really sweet girls even if I got their names mixed up. I will have to get Hannia to clarify it for me, so I don't call someone the wrong name at the wedding. Gasp. I enjoyed having the chance to meet them though.
Anyway, now all the fun is over and the week is getting ready to begin all over again. Why can't the work week be 2 days, and the weekends go on for 5?? Wouldn't that make a whole lot more sense?

1 comment:

Hannia said...

you got it right! Dara is in pink and April is in black. also, i agree. 5 days of break and 2 days of work sounds about right. at least a work day from 8-12. i really think i can do all i have to do between those times...

much love!