Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy March, Everybody....



The cute kitty is welcoming in March...a brand new month, the fast track to spring. Oh, and also kitty is saying Happy Birthday to my sister today. I won't spill the details of her age and get all personal. But March 1st is her birthday, which makes her Pisces, and kitties love fish. Haha.

So, yesterday was February 29th. Leap year. My inbox was bombarded with sales pitches from all of my favorite shopping spots. Every single one of them artfully, cleverly worked the word "Leap" into them. "Leap into Savings"..."Our sales will make you LEAP". None of it was very original, but I found it amusing somehow. It didn't make me LEAP up to shop though. I don't think I bought anything at all yesterday. Oh wait...I did actually LEAP to the gas pumps, but that was a necessary purchase, and I don't think they litter my email inbox with advertisements.

I was wondering about people who were actually born on Feb. 29th. Do they only celebrate their birthday on Leap Year? Because that sounds like they got the really short end of the stick there. Does anyone know of anybody who has that birthday? Or maybe...if it were ME....I would celebrate it on Feb. 28th AND March 1st on those off years. Make the most of it. Oh hell, maybe drag it out for a full week or something.

4 comments:

Hannia said...

you would not believe i asked stephen the same thing. i wonder how they do it? I mean, i would hate having to guess a day for my birthday. or having to change it. i think it would give me an existential trauma... life could no longer go on, when oh when would i celebrate my special one of a kind birthday? and who decided that precisely MY birthday could only come once every four years??? those bastards. I stick my nose up, like this:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/i-shall-not-tolerate-such-rubbish-good-day-sir.jpg

Hannia said...

oh poo. neither html nor a link can be posted. oh well. some other day.

Rebecca said...

Haha...I was able to copy and paste the link into the browser so I got to see the pic. Cute, very cute.

That Chick Over There said...

At lot of people got an "extra" paycheck on the 29th, just because they are paid every 2 weeks and that's the way it fell. Hence, all the sales.

I only get paid once a month, so I was SOL.

My sister, who is 30, had a birthday party for one of her friends on Leap Year day. They had a 7th birthday party for her, because she's only had seven "birthdays". Pretty funny!