Sunday, February 24, 2008

Never ending cold...

I have a cold. It comes and goes in some bizarre kind of way. I feel almost fine one day, and then like crap the next. Today happens to be a crappy day. This has been going on for over a week now. My husband had it the week before.....and it was the same thing....on again, off again.
Gah! I'm tired of this. Leave me alone already!!!

Yesterday we had a formal meeting of my son's future in-laws, Ruth and Rodrigo. We had a nice lunch at Olive Garden. For some reason, I was totally nervous beforehand. I don't know why.
Maybe it was my son's reiterating of things that should NOT be talked about....haha. Politics, religion, magic goats, etc. I think I did ok. The kids seemed fine afterwards, so nobody died of embarrassment or anything. Luckily Rodrigo is an excellent conversationalist. He kept us all talking and laughing, and there was never really any awkward silence. Which was what I was most worried about. When I get nervous my mind goes completely blank. Oh hell, who am I kidding...my mind can go blank at any time whether I am nervous or not...hahahahaha.

1 comment:

Hannia said...

yeah stephen always makes it sound really scarry when you're meeting new people. my parents aren't bad. and you think he's a good conversationalist because we strictly prohibited him from speaking about his job! :-P