Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Things that get all OVER my nerves....

I just feel the need to vent. Sometimes stuff just gets on my nerves. Things (in no particular order) like:



* People who use "your" when they really mean "you're". I mean, come on, it doesn't take a fancy degree in grammar to know the difference. We all SHOULD have learned this lesson by 3rd grade. "You're" is a contraction for "You Are". "Your" is a possessive pronoun. It denotes ownership. Its not rocket science.



* Nail biting. Especially if the offensive nibbler makes crunching noises when chewing off their finger nails. Ewwww!



* Websites with embedded sound. I keep the sound muted on my computer just because of this junk. I really really dislike opening a page and being bombarded by obnoxious music. Or even good music. I just hate having stuff like that forced on me.



* People who get up to the checker in a long check out line and suddenly remember that they forgot something. And then proceed to take forever to go retrieve the forgotten item while everybody else just has to stand there and wait. There should be a law that by the time the check out person has scanned in that first item, no more foraging for further purchases is allowed. Punishable by death. Well, ok, maybe NOT that stringent. Public stoning would probably suffice.

* Related somewhat to the above.....I get instantly enraged by people who ignore the fact that they are in an express lane and push right up to the counter with a cart load of crap.

* People who can't seem to comprehend traffic signs. Seriously. I work downtown, and I have to maneuver through a maze of one-way streets to get to my office. I run into people driving the WRONG WAY on a ONE-way street on average of about 2 times a week. Coming at me head on.
And its been like that downtown since like forever. And its posted clearly with one-way street signs all over the place. I don't get it.....

* Those little cardboard postcard thingies stuffed into magazines. HATE them!!!!

* People who drag little kids to the theatre for completely inappropriate films. Here's a newsflash: HIRE a BABYSITTER!

* "To Be Continued"....tv shows. I'm impatient. I don't want to have to wait.

* Bad table manners. Especially the smackers.

* Offspring of mine who haven't read the horror classics of "Dracula" , and "Frankenstein".
Gasp!!! WTH???

* Long waits in Dr.s offices, generally accompanied by a brief check with the nurse, followed by yet another eternity of waiting in the exam room.

* People who whine and complain about stuff that gets on their nerves. Like I am doing now.
I just got ALL over my own nerves. And honestly? I do that quite often....HAHA.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has better be the male offspring b/c the female one read those (and so what if I waited until grad school to do so?) and I'm pretty sure I left it with aforementioned male offspring.

Hannia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannia said...

*People who won't help other people, despite the fact that it's their FREAKIN' JOB!

*Stalking freaks. *shakes head* don't even ask. let's just say i'm scared for my life...

*When people are absolutely selfish and they can't look past their noses.

*People who are really only looking to build a reputation when they do something good. (I'm not talking about the good feeling for donating something to charity, I mean the type of person who will want a newspaper ad telling everyone how they've changed the world with their oh-so-amazing donation).

*People who are racist. Sexist. Religionist. Close-minded. Judgemental. Gossipy people. Oh do I hate gossipy people. Oh and Phallocetric people, but only because that's a fun thing to hate. :-P

Okay, now everyone thinks I'm a hater. I'd like to think there are a lot of people I don't hate... Hi. I do get along with people. I *LOVE* the janitor at the palce I work, she's great, not competitive, not gossipy... She'll give me a hug when I need one. People should be more willing to give hugs than to gossip... *sigh*

Rebecca said...

To Anonymous....it is TOTALLY the male offspring. Haha. And he does, in fact, have possession of said book. And he KNOWS he needs to read it. So...yeah....

To Hannia...The rascist, judgemental, and the discriminators deserve a whole OTHER post. Not of things that get on my nerves, but things that make me physically ILL.

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

those cardboard thingies? They are postage-paid. So just drop the blank ones in your corner mailbox - the ridiculous magazine that feels compelled to letter your reading material with them will then have to pay all. that. postage. And they won't even get a sale out of it....

MdG said...

Your/you're, HA!! That's one of mine too! My SIL does that all the time, and she uses 4, and 2 instead of "for" and "to/too". Delete! delete! Hello, you're 40 years old, and your name never was or never will be Prince!

Coffeedrinkingwoman, I never even thought about putting those in the mail! Brilliant!