Sunday, January 27, 2008

How is it Possible?

How is it possible for a week-end to go by soooooo freakin' fast, when those week days just drag on and on and on? I don't understand it. So, its almost Monday again. I have been meaning to write a little blurb about the death of Heath Ledger last week. I was really shocked when I heard that news. He was such a cutie. One of my favorite actors. Maybe even on my top ten list...? I still don't know much about the details surrounding his death. I just can't get into the constant onslaught of celebrity news and gossip. I just know he is gone, and that makes me really sad.



Anyway, just so we won't start the week completely bummed out, I want to share this neat little thingie I found. It sooo makes me want to tear out my current bathroom and do a total makeover. I don't want to overdo the fish theme around here or anything, but how cool is this?

I LOVE it. Unfortunately, I doubt hubby would be able to tolerate having it in our house. This one time, years ago, when the kids were....well, Stephen was in 8th grade, playing baseball on the school team. I have no idea why I remember that. But anyway, we had an aquarium. And somehow during the course of cleaning the tank, hubby caught some kind of heinous virus. Like the absolute worst Norovirus anybody has EVER had. It lasted for 2 weeks. No kidding. He was so pitifully sick, I was scared he wasn't going to make it. He went to the Dr. and at some point, the emergency room. Noone seemed to be able to do much for him, other than to give him some kind of medicine that knocked him out enough to kill the nausea while the thing ran its course. He is extremely against having fish in the house now though. Understandably.



And....the hair salon that I go to has this aquarium coffee table in the waiting area. It really is kind of cool. Its just a huge box of a tank with a solid top that all of the magazines are spread out on. I was in there this one time and there was another woman in there waiting with me. She had a toddler, probably about 2 years old or so. He was completely mesmerized by watching the fish. And then......I watched in absolute horror when he took his pacifier out of his mouth, and stuck his little hand down into the open edges of the table, and dipped the pacifier in the nasty fish water. Mom was engrossed in a magazine, so she never saw it. Of course, the kid popped that pacifier right back into his mouth and I.....I cringed right down to the bottom of my soul, knowing what horrors might lurk in fish water. It happened way too fast for me to jump out of my seat and stop him. I probably would have scared the kid to death anyway. It still makes me queasy to think about it.

I hope everybody had a wonderful week-end. Go out and have an awesome week ahead. And above all....Do NOT drink the fish water!!!!!!!

No comments: