Monday, January 28, 2008

And its Monday...again


Stephen King's latest novel came in the mail today. From my book club. This is what? Like his third or fourth novel since his retirement, when he claimed he was finished with his writing career...? Uh, whats up with that Steve? Haha. This book is getting really good reviews though.
I can't wait to dig in. Even though in all honesty, his last book "Lisey's Story" just didn't do it for me. I tried and tried to read it. I kept getting about a third of the way through, and putting it down for so long that I had to start back from the beginning because I had lost track of the story line. I know for a fact that I read that first third of the book at least 3 times, before I finally forced myself through it in its entirety. I hope this one is better. I have a compulsion to read everything Stephen writes. Even if it feels like work....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you have two blogs and I can't even keep up with one!!! Yea, I am working on it, give me a break! Love the new name for the new blog! Lori

Em said...

I love Stephen King. I even enjoyed Lisey's Story which I just finished last week. It did take me a bit to get going with it...but I really enjoyed it after that.

The man can definitely write a good story.

Amy said...

Really? I liked "Lisey's Story." I didn't even know he had a new one out. Personally, I think he is one of our most underrated authors. History will judge him as a great American talent.

In my humble opinion.