Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Good news....tentatively

We have been having some internet issues for the past few days. Turns out I am not a happy camper when I can't get online and see what's going on. Saturday it went out, and when I called our cable company I got an automated message saying service was temporarily interrupted in our area. So then I knew. But yesterday it went out again and there was no message. In fact, nobody else had reported an outage. Anyway we had to schedule a service call and it was apparently our modem. Which Bruce got them to replace. And it all seems to be working again, and I can be happy.

One funny thing is that we were discussing the possibility that it was our modem yesterday. Bruce told me to check out Best Buy's website to see if anything was on sale this week. And I actually picked up my laptop to check it out....because we both were not thinking about the fact that we had NO internet. LOL. I can't even shop without it anymore. Its so handy for price comparisons. We don't buy much of anything without price checks and reviews. Funny how dependent we get on technology.

Anyway, I got good news (tentatively) from my doc. My second round of blood tests for glucose levels came back only slightly elevated. My thyroid levels, which definitely ARE out of whack, can totally account for the screwy blood sugar. It wouldn't have if it was way off...but it can this little bit. I was so relieved. I have enough going on without having to add diabetes and insulin and watching every morsel of food that I eat into the mix. Anyway, I am taking the higher dosage of synthroid (thyroid replacement) and then go back for blood tests again in 3 months. Hopefully that will make a difference and everything will be back in more "normal" ranges. It scared me enough to start paying more attention to my diet though.

Anyway, its the last day of May (is this year just flying by or what?), and already we are having temps hovering near 100 degrees. It scares me. I don't do well in hot weather, and for it to be this hot already? Good Lord help me. Today was the blistering heat of July or August. I can't even imagine what those months are going to be like if this is May weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) Yay!

Lori