Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Too good to be true....

I had my yearly doctor's appointment Monday. I knew I had been feeling pretty good lately. Apparently TOO good. It was the calm before the storm. My doc called me Tuesday afternoon with the lab reports. Honestly, I though my phone battery was going to die before she could finish listing all of the things wrong with me.....(Ok, a bit of an exaggeration but it felt like that). My thyroid levels are all screwy again. And then there was a multitude of other things. Blood sugar high, cholesterol high, triglycerides high....it was ridiculous.

Anyway, I have to take another day off work and go back for more detailed tests tomorrow. The big question is whether or not I am facing being diabetic, or if its just the messed up thyroid hormones. Apparently whenever that gets off, it can throw off everything. So....? Oh well. I admit to having a day of a pity party. Of feeling like it was just not fair. But then I came to my senses and realized that being in the depths of despair about any of it wasn't going to help anything.

So I will go to the doc, do the tests, follow the advice....whatever it takes. Its not the end of the world if I have to make adjustments. I am going to ask the doc to give me 3 months or so to turn things around without meds (if that is possible). But if it turns out that another adjustment in thyroid hormones will take care of most of that....well, I will be a happy camper. Send me some happy vibes if you have any to spare. They will be much appreciated. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy vibes . . .

Lori

Anonymous said...

Getting old is hell. woke up yesterday morning after sleeping wrong on my pillow and had to call the chiropractor because I had a combo of no sensation and incredible pain in my right arm. He fixed it so I was out of pain. I am sending lots of good vibes your way. Hope it is something simple Jeanne