Monday, March 14, 2011

Nothing much

Nothing much is going on around here. I wrote a ranting post about work and then thought better of it so I removed it. I was upset, and frustrated but I also know its not a good idea to post job complaints on a public forum. Thank God for the magic "delete" button, right?

Besides that we are just working and trying to get some things done here around the home front. Bruce built the cat enclosure this weekend, so all the kitties can go outside into the courtyard, enjoy the sunshine and still be safe. Its not fancy and it won't appear in an edition of Better Homes and Gardens anytime soon, but it does the trick. They spent the first day trying to figure out how to escape, but now they seem to have settled in. They watch whats going on outside of the netting, but don't seem inclined to get out. I probably won't leave them out there if nobody is at home, because 2 of the cats want back in after a short time. But when we are here around the house it gives them something new and interesting to do.

Stephen and Hannia spent the weekend in Chicago taking a belated birthday getaway. I talked to Stephen last night and he wasn't all that thrilled with it. They had a hard time figuring out the Metro because apparently they don't have it labeled or mapped out as well as New York or DC. Instead they ended up walking a whole lot and got really tired. Everything was crowded and had long lines. But then again, Stephen also said that they were hitting up the really touristy places and it might be different if they could figure out more about the city and avoid the worst of the crowds. I am sad they didn't enjoy it more but maybe they will get more time there to figure it all out. At least it was a couple of days away to see something different.

I have today off, having worked Saturday again. I have some errands to run but what I really want to do is clean out my closet. I do it twice a year, spring and fall, without fail. I am ready to put away the winter clothes and get all of my summer stuff out and ready to wear. Of course, we have only had a couple of warm days so far, so I think I am jumping the gun on this one. I probably need to wait until at least mid-April to put away all of my warm clothes. Still, being anxious to be free from dark cold days, I might at least go stash away the heavy sweaters. I don't care how chilly it is, I refuse to wear a heavy wooly thing in the spring. And in my book, if its daylight savings time then that means spring has sprung.

Hope you all have a wonderful sunny week ahead.

No comments: