Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Once again, nothing too exciting to report. We have been having some nice warm weather for the past few days. It got up to 80 degrees here yesterday. I draw the line at that. Anything OVER 80 starts to be HOT. I am thrilled to see spring, but I also hope these temps are not indicative of another brutal summer. Nope, not gonna think about that just yet.

I have spent my day cleaning out some closets and getting rid of clothes we no longer wear. No matter how much I clean out, seems like there is still MORE. Where does it come from? How does stuff accumulate? And why do I still have trouble getting rid of a shirt that I haven't worn in ages? There is some strange feeling in the back of my mind that one day I may NEED it. I am trying to be more aggressive with what goes into the giveaway pile. Clothes are replaceable. Not that I would get rid of anything that we still wear, but the other stuff, the stuff that has been hiding in a closet unworn for several years....that stuff needs to go.

The enclosed courtyard is working out really well for the cats. Its been a week and so far no cat has figured out a way to escape. The only problem we are having now is that Bitty wants to go in and out all day long. She isn't inside for more than a couple of minutes before she is crying to go back out again. I know they enjoy it but hopefully the novelty will wear off so that once a day or so will be enough. I am tired of opening and closing that door.

The most exciting thing to happen this past week? I bought our plane tickets to visit Stephen and Hannia in May. Now that is something I am looking forward to. I haven't seen them since Christmas and that is just waaaayyy too long.

1 comment:

Annabel said...

I've been doing the same thing - cleaning out my closet and dresser. I have way too many t-shirts I've discovered. I filled a tall laundry hamper full of clothes and still need to get rid of more.