Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update to previous post

I got my car radio installed. But the dishwasher just couldn't go without a hitch. Of course it couldn't. We waited until 3:30 for our "between 2 and 4" appointment, and I was getting antsy to go pick up my car so I got Bruce to call. I don't know what went on, what was said, but I did hear him rescheduling for Friday. What the bloody hell?

I waited until he hung up and asked, and it was something like they had left a message to cancel (oh no they didn't), or lost our appointment or some such crap. I felt a ping in my brain that left me seeing red. Oh hell NO! I was not waiting until Friday to be able to use my dishwasher. I snatched up that phone and called them right back. I told the woman that I had a confirmed appointment for this afternoon and rescheduling was NOT acceptable. She hemmed and hawed about not remembering talking to me but I was not backing down. Somehow she "rechecked" the schedule and "found" us on there. I don't know what their problem was but somehow a repair man showed up at our door about 20 minutes later and my dishwasher is working again. So, I have a radio AND a dishwasher, but not without, as my friend Sherry would say, "putting on a show".

There is no reason why you should have to resort to getting that angry to get decent service. I got it all accomplished, but I also have a headache from dealing with all the hassle. Whatever. I have determined that one more of my resolutions is that I WILL NOT accept terrible service anymore. I WILL stand up for myself and my rights.

Anyway, when the repairman showed up so quickly after my phone call, Bruce said he didn't know whether to be happy or scared. LOL. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. This woman is through with being meek, mild, and too polite to argue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for Rebecca yea and yea barb