Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Life is Average

A lot of people I know regularly read posts on the website "FML" (F**k my Life). I read it too, occasionally, but sometimes the things that happen to people are just sad. Some are funny, but some are just so terrible that it starts to depress me.

Excerpts from FML:

"Today, I found out my identity was stolen. The person got credit cards in my name and didn't pay the bills, which has ruined my near perfect credit. The worst part about all of this is that I can't turn the person in. It's my mom, and sending her to jail wouldn't really work out for anyone. FML"

"Today, while walking on the sidewalk with my boyfriend, I slipped and fell. Not only did he not help me get up or ask if I was okay, he got mad at me for embarrassing him in public. FML"

Today, I went to the store and ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. We chatted a little, and just as I was leaving he grabbed his mobile phone. Later, I added him on Facebook. Turns out the last thing he posted was a picture of my back saying: "Look who got even fatter." FML"

Aren't those things just sad? I find myself feeling almost queasy after that. Like what the heck is that girl doing with a guy so cruel that he gets mad when she falls? Or how awful would it be to have a mother like that? I am sure that it happens, but its so tragic that I feel sick about it.

Recently I found another site where people post little things about their lives and these bits are just average everyday kind of things. I get way more smiles from reading this site: MLIA or (My Life is Average). A lot of people who post here seem to be young, still in school or college. Some are not, but the things I read on here are like this:

"Today I was installing updates on my computer, it was going really slow. So when I put my cursor over cancel it started speeding up. i think I scared it. MLIA."

" Today at work I saw/heard a grown woman make the brake sound while slowing her shopping cart down to quickly turn around. MLIA. "

"Today, a girls phone went off on the first day of class. The professor stopped everything and answered it and had a pleasant conversation with her mother. Later on someone fell asleep. He went and sat next to him and finished class there. I will be on my toes from here on out. MLIA"

"Today, while I was rushing getting ready for school, I threw my spoon in the sink without looking. I heard a *clink* and noticed it landed perfectly in my coffee mug. I'm a little disappointed nobody was around to witness it. MLIA"


Its funny, lighthearted, and much more relaxing to read than FML. I wish I had found it sooner. If you want to give it a browse, it can be found here:

My Life is Average

I promise you, you can't help but smile...... :)

1 comment:

Hannia said...

if you like mlia, you may also like http://immd.icanhascheezburger.com/ (it made my day)